Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
News: Excelsior Springs man now has the Corvette he longed for: 1969 convertible

Advertise with VetteTube!   -   Sponsors

Excelsior Springs man now has the Corvette he longed for: 1969 convertible

Excelsior Springs man now has the Corvette he longed for: 1969 convertible

By DAVID BOYCE - Drive contributing writer
    Kansas City Star
    02/06/2015

Excelsior Springs man now has the Corvette he longed for: 1969 convertible-1969-corvette-larry-cook-jpeg

As a 12-year-old in Falls City, Neb., Larry Cook saw a Chevrolet Corvette and dreamed of owning it one day. It belonged to an elderly lady.

“She was the only person I had seen with a Corvette,” said Cook, of Excelsior Springs. “I told my dad after we moved to Iowa that I wanted that car. It went up for sale in an estate auction.”

So Cook’s dad went to the auction, heard that the price was $4,000 and told his son he decided not to buy it.

But the dream of owning a Corvette remained vivid for Cook. He just had to put it on hold.

Once Cook’s youngest son graduated from Northwest Missouri State, the idea of owning a Corvette became more of a reality. After surviving a heart attack, Cook knew the time was right.

“I thought, ‘Forty-nine years old. I am going to go for it,’” he said.

His search took him to an advertisement he saw in The Kansas City Star in May 1995.

Full Story: Excelsior Springs man now has the Corvette he longed for: 1969 convertible | The Kansas City Star The Kansas City Star
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Excelsior Springs man now has the Corvette he longed for: 1969 convertible-1969-corvette-larry-cook-jpeg  
    Rob Loszewski, Site Administrator
    VetteTube

VetteTube Spotlight -