Advertise with VetteTube!   -   Sponsors

Thread: whats zup all

whats zup all

Morning all. I'm new to this site. I have a 69 corvette conv with hard top also,350/350 4sp loaded I bought in 1975 and been in garage for 28 years because had a rusty frame. Bought a frame for 69 and blasted it and coated and painted and done nothing sence. Just recently bought a 74 burnt inside car,has no motor or tranny,but has many parts I need and another frame. So needless to say will have some extra parts when done and a frame to sell also..My first wife hated it,and always said for 18 years,if you sell it we could have this or that,well needless to say and after my divorse my new wife wants me to get back to restoring it,and I'm ready,so you might hear alot from me...philip

Quote Originally Posted by ragtop19sixty9 View Post
    Morning all. I'm new to this site. I have a 69 corvette conv with hard top also,350/350 4sp loaded I bought in 1975 and been in garage for 28 years because had a rusty frame. Bought a frame for 69 and blasted it and coated and painted and done nothing sence. Just recently bought a 74 burnt inside car,has no motor or tranny,but has many parts I need and another frame. So needless to say will have some extra parts when done and a frame to sell also..My first wife hated it,and always said for 18 years,if you sell it we could have this or that,well needless to say and after my divorse my new wife wants me to get back to restoring it,and I'm ready,so you might hear alot from me...philip
    REPLY: Welcome...and, glad to hear youve found the right kind o' lady ! Theres nothing like some good bonding between husband and wife laying on your backs under a project Vette ! If she has a sister who is the same way , let me know . I had a small block 1970 convertible 350/300 , auto, awhile back and loved it. I thought i was the Cats meow driving that at 28 years old. I now have another '70 but a built Big Block (468 cid /540 h.p./600 tq) , 4 sp, T Tops which squeezes 13 mpg on the highway if im easy on it -- frameup restoration. But my 'economy car' is the 2006 LS2 , 6 sp, which delivers 27 mpg .... much better than my Hyundai small SUV 6 cyl. Post some pics as you start the rebuild ... it would interesting to see it take shape. Good luck.

Welcome to VetteTube!

Thanks Rumpity

Yes I met a great woman on line from Ark. in 2004 and became best friends before I even met her a little over a year later. I built a 1800 sf garage with an apt. upstairs,it took me almost 2 years to finish, working just about every weekend and evenings just so I had a place to work on my baby ( the car silly ) and get it back to where it would turn heads like before,man those were the good old days. Well beter get to work,have a great day ....oh by the way no sisters dude....philip

Yes I met a great woman on line from Ark. in 2004 and became best friends before I even met her a little over a year later. I built a 1800 sf garage with an apt. upstairs,it took me almost 2 years to finish, working just about every weekend and evenings just so I had a place to work on my baby ( the car silly ) and get it back to where it would turn heads like before,man those were the good old days. Well beter get to work,have a great day ....oh by the way no sisters dude....philip
    REPLY: Great on the Lady ! Bummer on the Sista's !

HELP Question about pop ups

Fixing to send engine out and have all redone,and It has 11 to 1 pop ups in my 69 350/350,someone said I sould take them out and put something else in because of fuel issue,but its not going to be driven everyday,what would everyone else do...thanks Philip

Fixing to send engine out and have all redone,and It has 11 to 1 pop ups in my 69 350/350,someone said I sould take them out and put something else in because of fuel issue,but its not going to be driven everyday,what would everyone else do...thanks Philip
    REPLY: If you have 93 octane gas available, id be tempted to go with thicker head gaskets to bring the CR down a bit. If you have aluminum Heads then you would be alright but iron heads is going to be close.