Corvette burns in garage fire

Owner planned afternoon drive

Posted By The Sault Star
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada


A 1972 Corvette Stingray destroyed in a garage fire Tuesday was just hours away from being taken out on the road.

The blaze leveled a detached garage at 153 Wilding Ave. Tuesday. Sault Ste. Marie Fire Service received about six calls, including one from the home owner, at about 10:30 a.m.

The sports car belonged to a neighbouring resident who stored his car in the garage in return for helping maintain the west-end home, said platoon chief Rick Thomas of Sault Ste. Marie Fire Services.

"He was going out (Tuesday) afternoon in it," he said.

Full Story: Corvette burns in garage fire: UPDATED - The Sault Star - Ontario, CA