Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Post a Pic of Your C4! - Page 2

Advertise with VetteTube!   -   Sponsors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quasarcoupe
    Thanks a bunch Ern, they do look great but yes they would not fit, at least not that size wheel, but i will check Fiske out for sure and see what they do have to fit mine.

Gongrats on one sweet ZR1
    Last edited by Quasarcoupe; 09-23-2008 at 04:48 PM.

Automotive tape the poor mans car bra, 100 miles to Tulsa for import face off!

My '90 ZR-1

Catfish, Absolutely beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by lindenbob View Post
    Catfish, Absolutely beautiful
    thanx, lindenbob... Shes's a sweetie !!

Last Fall.. new exhaust:

My '92. My only car. My only means of transportation. Rain or shine.

vettemaniac

Pics of my '85 Vette.

These are pics of my '85 Vette with over 235,000 miles on it. The car features the 3rd. brake light, ground effects, cowl hood scoop, tinted glass, sequential turn signals, MX radio, interior changed to black and was first owned by a well known celebrity. That owner wouldn't recognize the car as it is today. The front plate, borrowed from my '71 SS 454 ElCamino, pretty much says it all!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a Pic of Your C4!-hpim0405-jpg   Post a Pic of Your C4!-hpim0406-jpg   Post a Pic of Your C4!-hpim0407-jpg  
    Last edited by vettemaniac; 03-26-2010 at 12:58 AM. Reason: added more info

1993 133,000 mi.

vettemaniac

Overhead brace

I've often thought of getting the overhead brace as you have in your pics. Do you find an advantage to having it, or find it more of a cosmetic item, being just for looks?
    I've seen the braces offered by some vendors that install just behind the seats. These braces have mounts for fire extinguishers as well as video cameras. I understand that they shouldn't, in any way, be considered a type of roll bar or safety bar, but do think that the idea for which they were intended is of interest to me. I'm wondering if any owners have these installed and if they are worth the purchase price. They seem easy enough to make. Do any owners have these and regret getting them?

Quote Originally Posted by vettemaniac View Post
    I've often thought of getting the overhead brace as you have in your pics. Do you find an advantage to having it, or find it more of a cosmetic item, being just for looks?
    I've seen the braces offered by some vendors that install just behind the seats. These braces have mounts for fire extinguishers as well as video cameras. I understand that they shouldn't, in any way, be considered a type of roll bar or safety bar, but do think that the idea for which they were intended is of interest to me. I'm wondering if any owners have these installed and if they are worth the purchase price. They seem easy enough to make. Do any owners have these and regret getting them?
    As far as cosmetics, well let's just say some like it, some don't. I happen to like it because it is chrome plated and works well with the other chrome I have on it.
    The main reason is for handling. With the top off I think every C4 owner knows the car feels very limber. With this bar in place the handling and ride is as stiff as with the top on. I never ride without the bar in place when the top is off.

Here are some photos of my 1989 Corvette.

Few new pics to help get this thread back to life.

"Tina" Triple Black Loves to Dance

545 hp 1990 Vert
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post a Pic of Your C4!-90corv02b2-jpg   Post a Pic of Your C4!-90corv01b-jpg   Post a Pic of Your C4!-ccacarshowmaxieprice2-jpg   Post a Pic of Your C4!-ccacarshowmaxieprice-jpg   Post a Pic of Your C4!-881611a1_15_-jpg  

Post a Pic of Your C4!-img016-jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast