CORVETTES ON WOODWARD

WEDNESDAY AUGUST 17-FRIDAY AUGUST 19

To all of our Corvette Friends,

I think that by now most of you know that we had to cancel this year’s Corvettes in the D.

I would like to move it to Belle Isle next year. There is a space that will hold at least 400 Corvettes. Wish me luck.

We are moving Corvettes on Woodward from the Kingsley Inn to a new location three miles north on Woodward. The new location is the M1 Concourse. This is an amazing place with 87 acres, luxury car condos and a 1.5 mile track. Please note there will still be some construction but not so to interfere with us. Every week this location gets better.

The main problem with the Kingsley is we ran out of room. After over ten years we could not get more than 500 Corvettes there. So I have been looking for a new location.

I started writing to the owner of the M1 over a year ago. We met in person this year at AutoRama. He asked how big I want to make Corvettes on Woodward. I said “I would like to hit the 1000 mark.” He told me he could help but, he wanted to have an American Flag made out of Corvettes like at Carlisle. That is something I always wanted to do but lacked the room. I now have a 2.5 acre skid pad to work with. We are almost there. The biggest problem is getting WHITE CORVETTES.

If you haven’t responded yet to participate in the Flag Display please do. To those that have already volunteered, thanks

I will be sending the dates, times and locations of all of the tours. I will also be sending out hotel information.

Corvettes on Woodward supports the Open Hands Food Pantry and we will be asking for a 10.00 donation at the gate. We will give a receipt also. We will also be taking food donations. I will be giving the first 500 cars souvenir books and dash plaques. This year’s t-shirt will also be on sale. All proceeds go to Open Hands. I was asked to consider and additional food pantry that needs help in Pontiac Michigan. I will be checking some out during the next few weeks.

Corvettes of Distinction are donating 100 cases of water to the residents of Flint Michigan. They asked me to match them and I told them I would.

Please understand this email is sent to over 1500 people. Some may get more than one copy; some would like to be removed. Please let me know. Also please let me know if you plan to attend. I may produce more souvenir books if I know there will be a demand.

Larry Courtney 586-876-6923 cell 586-218-8616 home
Corvette Event Organizer
Corvettes on Woodward August 2016
NCM Ambassador
2019 Michigan/Indiana/Western Kentucky Captain NCM National Caravan