Advertise with VetteTube!   -   Sponsors

Copyright Stuff?

Hey Mark..me again!<G>
    In the uploading vids info it states (I believe) "except for Copyrighted Material", etc., etc.,....excatly what's the deal with that..specifically? I see (and have posted a few myself) Video's from TV programs like SpeedVision; Motortrend; Car and Driver TV, Fifth Gear from Britain, Commercials from famous well-known name brands and even movie clips etc.,! What is, and how can one know what's protected content and what isn't? If it is protected material..what's the deal with posting this material! Is this an Internet Public Domain type of situation (sheesh..after all..look at YouTube and Metacafe, etc.,)? In other words if it's out there already......? To me this is kind of a 'grey' area! Thanks!

It's hard to tell. Basically, if someone posts copyrighted material and that copyright owners wants it taken down, all they have to do is contact us, and we'll delete it from the system.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkP View Post
    It's hard to tell. Basically, if someone posts copyrighted material and that copyright owners wants it taken down, all they have to do is contact us, and we'll delete it from the system.

Roger that!!!